[Tig] RE: [Tig] Simple Dailies TelecinО

Jeff Booth jeff.booth
Wed May 7 23:04:00 BST 2003

Pandora also offer very good telecine control.

IMHO I would recommend Aaton over Evertz.

I have no experience of Evertz but know a man who has :-(

A must has to be reliable KeyKode and timecode. In the 525 world, 2:3
pulldown, 'A' frame editing and accurate flex files are the most important.

Are you in a 525 or 625 country?

Jeff Booth

Disclaimer. I use Aaton because I know it is good. I admit they have bought
me the occasional glass of wine. Regardless of the amount of alcohol, I
wouldn't risk the reputation of my facility's output on a system I didn't
trust.

-----Original Message-----
From: tig-admin at tig.colorist.org [mailto:tig-admin at tig.colorist.org]On
Behalf Of Michael Aranyshev
Sent: 07 May 2003 07:26
To: tig at tig.colorist.org
Subject: [Tig] Simple Dailies Telecin?

Don Trepczyk supports the tig.

Am I right in thinking the only currently manufactured system for
machine-controlling telecin? is TLC-2 by DaVinci?

What combination of Evertz boxes do I need to get both burn-in and
3-line VITC on the same tape? Am I better off with Aaton?

Basically what is a must for one-lite feature dailies telecin? and
what is a luxury?

Thanks

--
No marketing or advertising on the tig.  (help wanted ads excepted)
Send such submissions to rob at calarts.edu
or http://colorist.org/tig3/info.html#money