[Tig] RE: [Tig] RE: [Tig] Simple Dailies TelecinО

Michael Burton mburton
Thu May 8 05:08:30 BST 2003

We run both Aaton and Evertz systems in different TK suites.
I have found the Aaton system much fussier in setup, but once both are set
up, they work with similar accuracy.
The new Evertz encoder and afterburners will give both a VITC only feed and
a burn-in feed off the same box.
When it comes to HD, the Evertz workflow is much simpler and our operators
like the software interface.

Michael Burton
Cutting Edge Post
Brisbane, Australia

Disclaimer: Neither manufacturer has bought me any glasses of wine, however
Evertz were extremely helpful in getting a reader head R&D'd to suit our
Vialta when it was first installed many years ago.