[Tig] Job description information.

Rob Lingelbach rob
Fri May 30 02:02:27 BST 2003

On Thu, May 29, 2003 at 12:01:32PM -0400, Van_Dusen, Todd wrote:

> information pertaining to the role, responsibility, knowledge and skills
> required of a senior colourists.  Is there such a thing as a colourist's Job
> Description?

that's a good question Todd.  When I entered the world of
academia a few years ago I found it interesting how detailed
are the job descriptions for teaching and staff positions at
universities.  Detailed almost to a fault: if followed to
the letter there wouldn't be any time or space for personal
creativity.  But later I found that the descriptions are
more suggestive than I had thought, not meant to be literal.

As you said the colorist in an archival situation will be
required to do different things than one in a strictly
commercial environment, and then there are differences
among archive institutions and commercial companies.  If you
find a somewhat generic colorist job description I would be
interested to see it, and we could start a twiki
page/subject where it could be revised and commented.

--Rob Lingelbach
TIG coadmin-creator
 colorist