[tig] A Farewell from OPTIONS Int'l.

OPTIONSPJ at aol.com OPTIONSPJ
Tue Sep 2 23:33:40 BST 2003

Rather than to rely on rumors, we wanted to directly advise the status of our
company:

It is with profound sadness to announce that OPTIONS International, Inc. is
now officially closed.  This is, without a doubt, the most painful experience
we have ever had in our careers.

We understand and respect that to a few, in the overall spectrum, regretfully
there will  be unresolved issues with OPTIONS.  To those, please know that it
was never our intention to take liberties, or mess over, anyone.  Not that it
is any consolation; but, we pursued (both personally and professionally)
everything within our reach and relinquished every possible means to pull our
company through this difficult economic slump. Unfortunately, we were not
successful in our efforts.  Please know that we are not looking for pity or sympathy.
Instead, we are just trying to explain that we gave it our all until we had
no where else to turn other than to declare OPTIONS Int'l. insolvent.

We want to acknowledge our deepest gratitude to Ken Chambliss (Steadi-Film
Corp./VTA) for having enough faith in us to extend to OPTIONS our first major,
highly respected product-line to distribute back in January, '90.  This was
soon followed by to Neil Feldman (Video Post), Dave Walker (DAV), Stuart/Barbara
Gray (DGS), Willi Kirst (VTK) and Richard Collenette who also allowed us to
offer their products to the masses... giving us a strong foundation to build on.
  We are also extremely appreciative to Neil Kempt (da Vinci) for graciously
sharing his industry knowledge and expertise with us in the early days of
OPTIONS and to Dick Hobbs for somehow always finding very kind comments to make
about our company within his various trade magazine articles.

We were extremely fortunate to work in an industry that not only has some of
the brightest group of professionals to be found anywhere; but, that also
includes such a vast amount of caring and compassionate people.  So many of you
(and we hope you know who you are) throughout the years have become more than
business associates... you have become our treasured friends and we will always
greatly value those friendships.  To the countless list of our other industry
peers and clients....  our heartfelt gratitude to you for your support over
the 13 plus years that OPTIONS has been in existence.  We know without you none
of the successes our company may have achieved would have been possible.

We want to also thank Rob, with the assistance of Rich Torpey, for always
being so receptive to our requests pertaining to the TIG.  As you know, the TIG
is a very valuable tool and one of the limited sources that helps to keep our
industry connected.  Along those lines, we hope someone will carry on with the
NAB Telecine Fun Nights, which OPTIONS started 8 years ago (NAB '96)... as
well as coordinating The Tweaker (at the suggestion of Bill Topazio) and LifeTime
Achievement awards to honor those that otherwise may not get the industry
recognition from their peers that they so well deserve.

For the majority of you, our paths will probably never cross again.  We will
miss you immensely; but, please know that you will always be in our hearts. We
have so many wonderful memories that we will carry with us throughout our
lifetimes.

It is our utmost wish that your world will be filled with happiness, health
and prosperity.

For the last time, on behalf of OPTIONS...

All the very best,
Donna and Peter