[tig] A Farewell from OPTIONS Int'l.

Rob Lingelbach rob
Thu Sep 4 17:38:59 BST 2003

On Tue, Sep 02, 2003 at 06:33:40PM -0400, OPTIONSPJ at aol.com wrote:

> Along those lines, we hope someone will carry on with the
> NAB Telecine Fun Nights, which OPTIONS started 8 years ago
> (NAB '96)... as well as coordinating The Tweaker (at the
> suggestion of Bill Topazio) and LifeTime Achievement awards
> to honor those that otherwise may not get the industry
> recognition from their peers that they so well deserve.

maybe BT was already thinking along these lines.. what about
we call the tweaker award something like the ?tweaker
optional award?.  All of the above- the Fun Night, the
Tweaker award, the LifeTime achievement Award, can be
incorporated into the TIG with voting and all of that in the
Twiki pages, we?ll just need a little coordination.  The Fun
Night itself is a big project, but maybe we can pull it off
with some help from manufacturers, on a different (perhaps
smaller) scale.  BT do you have time to work on the FN in
the next few months?  the TIG resources are at your
disposal.   I can work on the award logistics with respect
to having it be a TIG feature with interactive voting.
we do have some time, between IBC and NAB.

Dave Tosh has been working as a coadministrator (amicus
emeritus level) of the TIG for a while now and helping me a
lot with various things including shifting the policies a
little.  He might be able to find a little time to work with
me on the projects above.

Rich Torpey is a major contributor (amicus emeritus) as
well.

--Rob