[tig] Rank Cintel Mark III experiences

David L. Tosh dlt
Tue Sep 23 16:46:29 BST 2003

>I was wondering if those of you who have used a Rank Cintel Mark III
>telecine machine could please comment ...

I highly recommend that you consider nothing less than an URSA. I
think an URSA fitted with:
*  ITK twigi
*  Kodak green shading PEC trim filter
*  Video Post & Transfer's MetaSpeed
will provide the best value for nearly any standard definition
transfer situation.

You will want to consider a preprogrammer (or color corrector) for
basic control of the telecine in any case. MKIII machines are much
more difficult to interface with the color corrector and I would only
consider a MKIII if the color corrector that was used with it is
bundled into the deal.

If you have to acquire a MKIII, the "trick" kit is:
*  Kodak green shading filter
*  DAV (Dave Walker's) replacement color channel
*  DAV Digital Deflection
*  ITK PEC amplifiers
*  Thick faceplate CRT modification
--