[tig] Thomson/Grass Valley Support Issues

Rob Lingelbach rob
Tue Sep 23 18:00:41 BST 2003

On Tue, Sep 23, 2003 at 11:48:44AM -0400, jeffh wrote:
> and her response was, "what's that?"  I explained to her
> it was the transfer of film to video, and do you know what
> she said?  "Oh, sorry, we don't do that here."

it?s indicative of what happens with endless consolidation,
that the level of bureaucracy rises in ratio with the size of
the company.  I?ve thought for some time that there should
be some kind of economic incentive provided by the
government to allow small, and therefore more responsive and
flexible, companies to compete with the megacorporations.
Perhaps there are incentives in countries other than the
US?.

Rob Lingelbach
tig founder, colorist, unix admin