[tig] Re: Rank Cintel Mark III experiences

Javier Lopez - Madrid Film javier.lopez
Wed Sep 24 11:35:28 BST 2003

Dear Andreas,

  I think you have already received a lot of very expertise information
about your
 question, but I would like adding my humble opinion.
 Actually we haven't ever had a Mark III but we have a DSX and we had a
Rascal
 for sometime. Behaviour of CRT on these machines is much better than on
previous
 CRT telecines. As much more expertise people than me wrote replying to your
email
 you should be aware of CRT aging a good test is comparing same picture on
different
 days to see CRT aligning keeps same quality.
 Another point is the class of jobs you want telecine for therefore the
quality you are aiming.
 Another point is which controller or color corrector you are going to use
with it. Personally
 I do not like Meta Speed servo very much, when we had Rascal and we
controlled it from
 our Pogle, we had to change Edit setup quite often and we could not have
same settings
 for 35 and 16 mm -and Pogle can not store different setups for each of
them. I have been
 told that if you control it with a da Vinci and because it also takes count
of Meta Speed,
 therefore there is not such problem.

 This little thing I can supply to all you have already received.

 Regards.

        Javier Lopez

P.S.: By the way, thank you to all the people who reply me regarding a
question I posted
 in July about new HD standards and old european Eureka HD standard. I took
holidays
 few days later so I could not thank you.

MADRID FILM LAB
Avda. de los Madro?os 25
28043 MADRID
Tel.: (+34) 91 748 95 00