[tig] OH those fun Telecine debates

Rob Lingelbach rob
Wed Sep 24 21:36:09 BST 2003

On Wed, Sep 24, 2003 at 09:05:04AM -0700, David L. Tosh wrote:

> I doubt that it is possible to automatically append a TIG
> subscriber's TWiki user name to postings (we don't keep track of real

i thought of a way to do it with email addresses, but as
you say two conditions (maybe three) would be required: that
the addresses match vis ? vis the mailinglist and the
TWiki-space, and that a poster to the list have a TWiki
registration.

But overall a nicer way to accomplish a connection would be
to work on a mailman<->TWiki interface that would put the
archives under TWiki, which I did talk about to the TWiki
developers about some time ago, but in some ways a
mailinglist (especially an archive of same) doesn?t fit
easily into the TWiki idea, that of being
modifiable-editable by anyone.  There is sophisticated
access and write control built in to TWiki but the general
idea of it is as a group workspace.

> But there's nothing stopping contributors from adding the link to
> their TWiki user page in a signature.
> David Tosh
> TIG co-administrator <mailto:tig-admin at colorist.org>
> TIG TWiki : http://tig.colorist.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/DavidTosh

indeed.    and i think it is cool to allow the author of a
message to decide what references to herself she wants in a
post.

Rob Lingelbach
TIG founder; telecine consultant-colorist; unix admin
http://tig.colorist.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/RobLingelbach