[tig] Acterna (parent of daVinci) to emerge from chapter 11

David L. Tosh dlt
Fri Sep 26 16:42:00 BST 2003

At 7:30 PM -0400 9/25/03, jeffh wrote:
>But not being a business major here, I have to inquire...
>what happens to daVinci, if the parent company goes belly
>up?

In the US system, Chapter 11 protection is intended to allow the
company to be reorganized (if required) and an agreement reached with
creditors about who gets paid and how much. One possibility during
such a reorganization is to close some divisions or try to sell them
off like an asset.

That apparently wasn't needed in this case. There's nothing new on
the daVinci web site:
http://www.davsys.com

Perhaps Michael Arbuthnot could take this opportunity to address the
community with an informative posting.
--
David Tosh
TIG co-administrator <mailto:tig-admin at colorist.org>