[tig] (TIG) HDnet (Peter Swinson)

Rob Lingelbach rob
Thu Apr 1 16:59:15 BST 2004

On Thu, Apr 01, 2004 at 03:21:41AM -0600, Jeff Kreines wrote:

> > Please don't do attachments. You just cost me $50 in download time on
> > my Palm via my mobile. And I can't even see the images as the Tig
> > server has turned them into clear text!
>
> Can't you set it to reject attachments, or files over a certain size?
> I think many of us found Peter's files to be of interest.

the tig is normally, and frequently (3 or 4 times today so
far) rejecting messages with attachments, according to the
rules and notes I published here in February as "tighter
filtering on the tig" at
http://tig.colorist.org/pipermail/tig/2004-February/004644.html

what is happening here though is interesting in that one can
become too clever: Peter?s posts to the TIG he normally
sends to tig-admin first for historical reasons, and I (or
Dave Tosh) then send them back out to the group, and put
images etc. in the proper space on the TIG webpages.  But
this week in trying to get through a mountain of backlogged
work (or is that a logjam of work piled high) I didn?t look
closely enough at Peter?s message which when forwarded out
(actually just system-bounced) then didn?t trip the filter
for attachments etc.  and it went out all weird, sorry about
that.

--Rob

--
Rob Lingelbach  colorist