[tig] Syncing from Audio CD

tom rovak trovak
Tue Apr 6 22:30:44 BST 2004

Craig
Sounds like they shot with the AATON internal TC system.
I believe AATON has a system that the production DAT's are put on CD and
then when sync points are entered in their software the CD will
automatically sync with the film via the telecine bi-phase. I believe the
film has to be shot with an AATON camera with TC to do this. And of course
the AATON film data hardware, and software must be purchased.  Not something
you can set-up overnight. Don't know what you do (other than eye sync) if
you are asked to sync something like this without the whole AATON set-up. I
think Bob Sliga has the AATON set-up.

tr