[tig] Syncing from Audio CD

Michael Burton mburton
Wed Apr 7 12:15:34 BST 2004

I'd suggests a one light transfer and sync sound in Avid (or their
non-linear system of choice).
This isn't to fob responsibility, but it's a heaps easier to sync from
disk than from a dodgy DAT made from an arbitrarily recorded WAV file
with no speed or T/C reference.

The only helpful  move might be to ensure that the WAV file is at least
at the same frame rate as the film, ie. If it's a 24 frame film
transferred at 25, speed up the WAV by 4.1%. If it's a 24 transferred at
24+pulldown, slow it by 1%, unless you are using an AVID where you can
keep it at a true 24 frame rate....

OK, we'll fix it in post.....

http://www.ellaforspam.com

--
Help wanted ads are welcome here on the main TIG; blatant advertising or
marketing is not but can be sent to tig-announce at tig.colorist.org. For
contributions see http://tig.colorist.org the "make a donation" button
at the bottom, thank you!.
---