[tig] Da Vinci 2k EDLs

Michael Most mmost
Wed Apr 14 02:54:28 BST 2004

On Apr 13, 2004, at 4:30 PM, Lucas Wilson wrote:

> EDL Comment lines have been fairly standardized in many ways. For
> instance, "* FROM CLIP NAME:" is a standard header to indicate what
> clip name was used in offline.

Lucas is, of course, correct. I overlooked the presence of comment
lines, which are used for the purpose noted above, and also for other
things, such as relaying speed change information. My point was that
color correction is not a standard manipulation that is done the same
way with the same result across multiple devices. Any color correction
"information" is going to be in the form of instructions to a specific
device regarding specific settings, not information that relates to the
image being manipulated.

Mike Most