[tig] subjectivity (was: Da Vinci 2k EDLs)

Rob Lingelbach rob
Wed Apr 14 17:07:20 BST 2004

On Tue, Apr 13, 2004 at 08:38:54PM -0700, Marc Wielage wrote:

> And I firmly believe that audio mixing isn't as
> complicated as video color-correction, having done both.

Marc, I have often thought that color correction and audio
mixing were related in a subjective sense, that they both
rely extremely on taste and opinion, that each can be as
complex as the other when personal impressions are
considered, though audio mixing as you say might not be as
technically complicated.  I?ve attended mix sessions for
commercials that were similar to color correction sessions
and maybe even more difficult or extreme in getting
consensus among the clients... sometimes there seems to be
close to an infinity of choices of approach.  I wonder what
your opinion on this is.

--Rob

Rob Lingelbach
tig founder, coadmin