[tig] News from NAB

Michael Most mmost
Wed Apr 21 06:44:59 BST 2004

On Apr 20, 2004, at 12:11 PM, Dick Hobbs wrote:

> And yes, I know that HDV (or the DVCPro HD I can now edit) is a long
> way
> from perfect HD. Still better than SD, though.

Based on what I saw at the JVC booth, I wouldn't necessarily say that.
After viewing their demo, I walked away thinking two things:
1. Why did they show those images if they were trying to impress me? and
2. How can they use the word "professional" (which they did,
repeatedly) and point to those images as examples?

Mike Most
VFX Supervisor
IATSE Local 600
Los Angeles