[tig] Help with calibrating a Sony CRT monitor

Graham Collett grahamcollett
Fri Aug 6 19:41:45 BST 2004

You need to buy the equipment to measure the light and adjust
accordingly .. Philips meters are the norm at about GBP10,000 each..
Maybe you can borrow one or hire one, but you really need to check it
regularly. Minolta used to make a light meter that was ok. The Sony auto
calibration is NOT good enough.

Graham Collett
Sprockets(telecine) Ltd
www.sprockets-telecine.co.uk

thanks to Jim Lindelien for supporting the TIG.
--

Anyone?

At 17:11 08/02/2004 +0200, you wrote:
>thanks to Jim Lindelien for supporting the TIG.
>--
>
>Hi all,
>I have a Sony PVM 20L4 CRT monitor and I was wondering if someone could
>tell me how to calibrate it for telecine grading work? (Hopefully
without
>buying too much expensive equipment.) I'm using it with my FDL-60.
>
>Cheers,
>Andreas
>

>---
>Norsk Smalfilm
>Andreas Wider?e Andersen <andreas at smalfilm.no> http://www.smalfilm.no
>
>Tel:    (+47) 38 17 99 16
>Fax:    (+47) 38 02 33 84
>Mob:    (+47) 90 92 61 21
>

>--
>Help wanted ads are welcome here on the main TIG; blatant advertising
>or marketing is not but can be sent to tig-announce at tig.colorist.org.
>For contributions see http://tig.colorist.org the "make a donation"
>button at the bottom, thank you!.

---