[tig] Help with calibrating a Sony CRT monitor did you get my first E mail??

bobineinc at yahoo.com bobineinc
Fri Aug 6 20:01:31 BST 2004

Andrea wrote:
<<Hi all,
I have a Sony PVM 20L4 CRT monitor and I was wondering
if someone could
tell me how to calibrate it for telecine grading work?
(Hopefully without
buying too much expensive equipment.) I'm using it
with my FDL-60.>>

Sony PVM-20L4  "CHEAP and FAST" calibration:
Buy Minolta C-100  calibrated before shipping from Us
instruments service 1 (800 ) 8700787,  the cost $900

Sony PVM-20L4 adjustment/operation:
go to menu/ status of Sony PVM-20L4
select color temp
select users

Minolta adjustment/operation:
darken Minolta probe
press 0-cal
push memory 1
press cal to check xyY values 313/329/100
press cal again

Sony PVM-20L4 adjustment/operation:
send 100% video/white field into Sony PVM 20L4 monitor
component input Y/R-y/B-y (no composite please)
place calibrator probe to tube face(must be clean)
center
select Sony PVM 20L4 gain ( under users ), adjust
red,green,blue to x313 Y100 y329
save

Minolta adjustment/operation:
push probe memory 2
press cal to check xyY values 313/329/20
press cal again

Sony PVM-20L4  adjustment/operation:
send 20% video/gray field into Sony PVM 20L4 monitor
component input Y/R-y/B-y (no composite please)
place calibrator probe to tube face(must be clean)
center
select Sony PVM 20L4 bias( under users) adjust red
green blue to x313 Y20 y 329
save

go between the gain and bias ( under users ) a few
time to secure the right numbers.
PS: There is a lot more to say about this subject so
jump in if want......

Jais colorist @ Bobine Santa Monica

=====
Disclaimer
All the women and men in this clip are perfect before I touch a pixel. They are smart, charismatic, and incredibly beautiful inside and out. These gorgeous women and men are human, however, and that is no longer acceptable in today's beauty and fashion world. I am asked to make them superhuman, perfect beyond reality. On the upside, I do love to make beautiful women and men into super-beautiful women and men, and that's important because coloring and enhancing are often the meat and potatoes of the jobs I do.
The information transmitted is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed.  The information may contain confidential and/or privileged material.  Any retransmission, dissemination or other use of the information by persons other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error please contact the sender and delete the material from  your system. Bobine video Inc