[tig] Help with calibrating a Sony CRT monitor did you get my first E mail??

Robb Cadzow rcadzow
Fri Aug 6 20:34:23 BST 2004

If this is the same Sony Broadcast flat panel we checked out, I think
you will find the black level "out of box" not quite acceptable. There
are devices you can put in between and some on this group have
suggested placing an ND gel over the panel, which actually might be the
most cost effective way to get your blacks black. Even after hours
tweaking we were never able to get blacks low enough while maintaining
decent light output. I use 35fl for 100% white and ~ .79-.8fl for 20%
grey.