[tig] avid control

Guy F. Boyd tig
Mon Aug 9 17:16:25 BST 2004

These documents seem to suggest that Vinny's assertion is correct,
specifically that the Avid Media Station Telecine is designed for
recording work, and the remaining products are designed as
playback-only output devices. My own local 'Resident Avid Expert'
at VTA appears to concur.
http://www.broadcastpapers.com/editing/AvidConnecting05.htm
ftp://support02.avid.com/KCUser/VTREmulation.pdf

If it is determined that this is not the case, I would be very interested
seeing what we can do to make it work.

Cheers

Guy F. Boyd
Director Of Software Engineering And Design
Film Recording Engineer
VTA Technologies INC.
<gfb at vta.com>