[tig] a little musical note

Rob Lingelbach rob
Thu Aug 19 05:42:43 BST 2004

my dear friend and muscial mentor Oscar Castro-Neves will be playing
Lincoln Center in NYC on August 29, if there are any TIGers in NY who
would like to see one of the originators of Bossa Nova (he directed
and played the historic Carnegie Hall concert in 1962 with Tom Jobim
that started the BN movement in the US) I recommend it most highly.

not much to do with telecine I realize, except that Oscar and his wife
Lorraine were my gracious hosts in Los Angeles before I left for other
shores recently, and so vicariously supported the TIG :]

i designed and maintain Oscar's website on the same machine as the
TIG's at http://www.oscarcastroneves.com  the biography section gives
you an idea of how influential he's been in Jazz and Brasilian music.

--Rob
--
Rob Lingelbach
tig founder, coadmin