[tig] A few more questions (lunarfilms)

Rob Lingelbach rob
Tue Jun 15 19:12:56 BST 2004

On 2004-06-14 at 20:23, lunarfilms (lunarfilms at mindspring.com) wrote:

> I find the
> electronic cinema camera's to have a cold, dead picture and the color is
> just plain wrong. To use Mr. Lucas's "painterly" metaphor I equate the
> ground up bones and silver halides to Oil and electronic cinema is
> certainly Acrylic.

that's an interesting observation Rob.  At times I feel that all
the work done on electronic capture to give it texture, (e.g.
"film look" processes) manages only to reinvent film, which in turn
doesn't necessarily justify _not_ using film.  The tail wagging the
dog if you will.

--Rob
Rob Lingelbach   rob at calarts.edu
tig admin- founder colorist