[tig] darned Sony

Richard Simon rlsimon
Tue Mar 16 23:05:04 GMT 2004

> Last time I checked - these two statements rarely find their
> way into the
> same sentance together.
>
> Accurate color  = $700 monitor = False.

true enough. I'll qualify my statement:
we need the most accuracy we can get for under $1K per monitor.  We have some more expensive stuff to do final checking on, but we need something we can give to everyone. The G520 paired with a LUT created by optiCAL did pretty well. So far all of my possible replacements do not have a way to control the black and white points separately. This would goof up our scheme in a big way.