[tig] Was HDnet You gotta read this!!!- Now Temporal resolution

Richard Torpey rtorpey
Tue Mar 23 17:12:03 GMT 2004

Hi Folks,
One thing to keep in mind is the target audience - sports fans. In the
context of the venue - a sporting event - the preference for HD video with
60 images/sec over film at 24 images/sec is quite understandable. Having had
the opportunity to work with 720p material at ABC I can tell you that it is
an excellent choice for the application - a sporting event where the
temporal resolution is at least as important as the spatial resolution.
1080i at 60 fields/sec is also a good choice - you need to match the medium
to the imagery you wish to display.
Hate to be in the position of seeming to be "anti-film" but 60 images/sec
wins out for me for sports.

Rich Torpey
VP Engineering
Rhinoceros/MultiVideo Group