[tig] Film grain paranoia

Rob Lingelbach rob
Mon May 3 18:35:38 BST 2004

On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 12:04:54AM -0400, lunarfilms wrote:

>I agree that grain is beautiful, it is full of life, and the trend of
>super clean I hope will not last forever.

me too.  if you look at the big picture, historically that
is, will the transfers 20 years from now be adding noise
reduction artifacts in order to re-achieve the look of this
decade, in the same way that film grain and scratches are
added to some video-generated images today?  (one shudders
at the thought)

--Rob
Rob Lingelbach
tig founder, coadmin