[tig] Re: Standard def finishing in data style

Michael Most mmost
Fri May 14 14:30:38 BST 2004

On May 14, 2004, at 6:11 AM, Steve Shaw wrote:

> I'm finding more and more post-production operations are removing
> grading from the telecine process and applying it at the back end of
> editing, where it is a much more integraded process.

You know, once again I have to laugh at the rapt attention that's being
paid to "new" methods that have been used to finish television shows in
the US for almost 20 years now.

Regarding commercials, I think some attention needs to be paid to the
ultimate means of delivery. "Compression artifacts" and slight
introduction of noise mean absolutely nothing when the result is only
being seen on a television monitor.

Mike Most
VFX Supervisor
IATSE Local 600