[tig] 4K demo of film and Digital Cinema in Hollywood

Bill Hogan billhogan1
Mon May 17 22:59:40 BST 2004

A qestion was asked of me about the demo on Tuesday and Wednesday.

The question and answer are below:

"What generation is the  35mm print -- is it a contact print off the
original camera negative (as an answer print should be) or is it a
first-generation print right off the film recorder neg.....?"
As I said in my email this is an "ANSWER PRINT". It is off the original cut
Negative. Nothing is being shown that is "Digital Intermediate" at this time.
DI would have the possibility of looking better than the "answer print" from the
original negative.  (The last statement is MY observation.)

Regards, Bill Hogan