[tig] Question on Europe

Sebastian Sylwan - LIST ADDR ONLY liste
Wed May 19 23:06:37 BST 2004

The standard here is mostly 30 seconds
There are usually reductions for those done at 15"
Then there's a number of other lenghts, one that is quite common is the 20"
with its 10" reduction
7" breaks are becoming more common as are the 5" intermissions especially
during sport events and so.

There is a certain tolerance and a recent change in some networks rules
caused some spots to be truncated. It's common to have 4 to 8 extra frames
at the end of most...

At 22.56 19/05/2004, Nichols Craig wrote:
>thanks to Gary Szabo for supporting the TIG.
>--
>
>I do remember seeing 15 second spots in France about 8 years ago.  Also,
>instead of fading to black, they faded to blue. But, that was perhaps a
>trend at the time. When I was in Germany in December, I thought the spots
>were usually 30 seconds.
>

>                 Craig Nichols
>                 Sr. Technical Support Engineer / Film
>                 Thomson Broadcast Media Solutions
>                 2255 N. Ontario St.
>                 Suite 150
>                 Burbank, CA 91504
>                 818-729-7720 office direct
>                 818-729-7750 fax
>                 800-547-8949 24 hour call center
>                 Craig.Nichols at thomson.net
>
>My observations are my own and may not reflect those of my employer.
>
>Craig

believed to be clean.