[tig] TIG: Just Starting Out?

Garrick Bernard lazysatellite
Fri May 21 21:09:24 BST 2004

Hello,

I graduated in 2002 with a Bachelors Degree in Television and Film
Technologies.  I aspire to become a telecine colorist, but am completely
unfamiliar with how one acquires the necessary experience.  I'm curious
to know how everyone started out.  Does one work their way up the ranks
at a lab?  Any suggestions or anecdotes?  I'm thinking of seeking some
entry-level positions or internships at local post-production facilities
here in Los Angeles, is that a good idea?

Thanks,

Garrick Bernard
Recent Graduate
Los Angeles, CA.