[tig] Congratulations to Michael Moore and the rest of the Fahrenheit9/11 crew

Michael Poimboeuf mkp
Sun May 23 06:17:15 BST 2004

Robert Lund said:
> thanks to Stuart Fyvie for supporting the TIG.
> --
>
> Richard Torpey wrote:
>
>>Congratulations to Michael Moore on winning the Palme D'Or at Cannes
>> today!
>>
> As this group seems to be populated by person [sic] of science, who
> ostesibly strive for balance in forming opinions, I feel compelled to
> note the comments of Jean Luc Godard

Yes, science and art. Godard's comments were artistic, not scientific.
they seemed to be the bitter comments of someone whose own (fine) work was
eclipsed by another at Cannes. I don't blame him for being bitter, and I
think he expressed himself well, but I didn't find his critique
scientific, or balanced.

> But of course, that only addresses the filmmaking aspect of the work.
Actually, I think Richard Torpey's prior post regarding footage sources,
film/video format, color correction, online, and film out, was right on
the mark with regards to the filmmaking aspect of the work.

Very impressive summary. Thank you Richard.

I'm looking forward to seeing Fahrenheit9/11, and I'm trilled that it won
the Palme D'Or at Cannes.

--
Michael Poimboeuf
mkp at poimboeuf.com