[tig] FDL-60 best output

Skip Elsheimer skipe
Sun May 23 23:17:48 BST 2004

I also have an FDL-60 as well and I'd love to know who else on this list has
one (or has experience one).

Skip Elsheimer
www.avgeeks.com

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andreas Wider?e Andersen" <andreas at smalfilm.no>
To: <tig at tig.colorist.org>
Sent: Sunday, May 23, 2004 5:56 PM
Subject: [tig] FDL-60 best output

thanks to LaserPacific for supporting the TIG.
--

Hi all,
I know these are very basic newbie questions, but I need some help with

I seek some advice from people/engineers familiare with the FDL-60 and its
outputs who can give me some advice on how to hook things up the best way.

1. What exactly are the RGB outputs of the FDL-60 and what do I need to use
them? As I said, I'm looking for the best outputs that can be used with the
rest of my setup.

2. The FDL-60 outputs in 4.1.1 - right?

3. What is the best ways to convert to 4.2.0 (DV PAL) - is it just to hook
it up - or should I have some sort of box inbetween? Please keep in mind I
need low cost sollutions here.

4. Are there other outputs than what's on the "Output" panel on the FDL-60?
I have been looking at it but everything seems to be connected to the
different processors/colour correctors. Which sync signal should I use for
the BetaSP deck for instance?

5. Does anyone have a manual for the Ampex CVR-70 or Sony BVW-70 BetaSP
deck?

As you understand I'm not an engineer, still I usually find my way around
in the tech world.

I appreciate all the help you can give me.

Best regards,
Andreas

---
Norsk Smalfilm
Andreas Wider?e Andersen <andreas at smalfilm.no>
http://www.smalfilm.no

Tel:    (+47) 38 17 99 16
Fax:    (+47) 38 02 33 84
Mob:    (+47) 90 92 61 21

--
Help wanted ads are welcome here on the main TIG; blatant advertising
or marketing is not but can be sent to tig-announce at tig.colorist.org.