[tig] post request -Digital Dailies - looking for single frame reference scans.

Marc Wielage mfw
Wed May 26 04:34:20 BST 2004

On 5/25/04 4:06 PM, "adrian hauser" <ahauser at ozemail.com.au> wrote:

> It should be obvious I am looking for this material to set up a better
> one light Digital Dailies system.
>--------------------------------snip----------------------------------<

If that's what you're trying to do, I can't think of a better solution than
to start with what Kodak is doing with the TCS.  Check out this website:

http://www.kodak.com/US/en/motion/news/nab2004breakthroughsP.shtml#p

and also talk to the people at FilmLight:

http://www.filmlight.ltd.uk/truelight.html

If your intent is Digital Dailies rather than 2K images, then I would lean
more towards Kodak's TCS, because that's specifically what it's intended to
do.

Small disclaimer:  I used to work for a Kodak division here in LA, but
haven't done so recently.  All this is strictly my opinion.

--Marc Wielage
  LA colorist-at-large