[tig] what in the world (Pioneer PRV-LX1 DVD recorder)

James DeLuca james_deluca
Fri May 28 01:40:41 BST 2004

We have only Evertz 4025TR/8025 combos to insert 3-line vitc.
The Tracker software will not allow the vitc to be positioned
outside the VBI.
We have used our PRV-LX1 to produce an occasional "dailies" DVD,
but we use the Evertz 8150 SDI or 9150 Afterburner to position
windows outside the letterboxed 16:9 video, depending on whether
the transfer was SD or HD. I am aware of no complaints other than
lamenting the loss of VBI areas on DV & MPEG encoded material.

James DeLuca, Sr Video Engr.
Crest National Digital Media
Hollywood
james_deluca at crestnational.com

From: jp
do you mean you are about to deliver ... a DVD to your clients?

...would you try to insert the 3Line Vitc at the top of the pic area,
e.g. 25, 26, 27 in Pal, and at a medium level (350) so it shows as an
unobtrusive grey line, and test if the data [survives] this new DVD
recorder's compression?

...Indaw can read the 3LineVitc ... 'within the image'... on DVcam
cassettes (it quite well [survives] the DV image compression).
The advantage would be that you would still be able to postsync
the sounds out of this 'DVD Vitc' with the same precision you get
using the normal 3Line VITC out of a DigiBeta! --jp