[tig] Hermetic Engineers

sklein54 at earthlink.net sklein54
Fri May 28 13:13:09 BST 2004

That reminds me....I haven't heard the word "parabula" (sp?) in a long time.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Lingelbach <rob at calarts.edu>
Sent: May 27, 2004 3:15 PM
To: dlt at earthlink.net
Cc: Telecine Internet Group <tig at colorist.org>
Subject: Re: [tig] Hermetic Engineers

thanks to Frame, Set & Match for supporting the TIG.

On 2004-05-27 at 10:21, Rob Lingelbach (rob at calarts.edu) wrote:

> Eco's "Foucalt's Pendulum."  As Hermes was the magical messenger of
> Zeus.

Chuck Harrison pointed out that I had confused Zeus' messenger Hermes
with Hermes Trismegistus, who is the alleged teacher of Hermetism, or
high magic and alchemy, as found in his work the Hermetica.

Engineers adjusting the shading of Ranks, aligning certain monitors,
and tracing signal disruptions have all been known to keep a
copy of the 42 volume Hermetica in their back pocket.

Rob
Rob Lingelbach   rob at calarts.edu
tig admin, founder

--
Help wanted ads are welcome here on the main TIG; blatant advertising
or marketing is not but can be sent to tig-announce at tig.colorist.org.