[tig] slightly off topic NYC notes

Rob Lingelbach rob
Thu Nov 18 21:28:21 GMT 2004

This isn't as off-topic as it may seem, if you bear with me
a moment here..
if you're in New York City next week and want to see and hear
legendary Toots Thielemans, Kenny Werner, with Airto Moreira and Oscar
Castro-Neves, go to the Blue Note (url: http://www.bluenote.net) and
see these jazz musicians play as a quartet from November 23rd to the
28th.

Oscar, with Joao Gilberto and other brasilian musicians, started the
bossa-nova era in the US with what became a famous appearance at
Carnegie Hall in 1962.
Recently he let me stay at his studio in L.A. while I helped him design
and develop his new website (http://www.oscarcastroneves.com) which
resides on the same machine that hosts the TIG.  Because during the day
I could work on the impending TIG move, his hospitality indirectly
supported us, so I thought I'd put in this musical note for anyone
looking to hear some wonderful musicians in New York City next week.
After the show go backstage and tell him I sent you to thank him for
the help with the TIG.

--Rob

--
Rob Lingelbach