[Tig] Ping-C.J. Scheppers- Re: Kodak VP-1

Ted Langdell colorist
Thu Dec 1 02:52:54 GMT 2005

--
Thanks to everyone for supporting the TIG through
the years.

Ted Langdell
Marysville, CA
Main:  	(530) 741-1212

A few years ago... the VP-1 came up in discussion on the TIG.

> At 7:43 PM 6/6/02, JSnopes at aol.com wrote:
> >When I was at MIT in the early 70s, we had one of the very rare Kodak
> >Super-8 flying spot scanners, the VP-1 Videoplayer, that we modified
> for
> >double system use.  Neat idea, a desktop telecine, but I hated Super
> 8!
> >(MIT invested a fortune in trying to develop a professional S8 system
> for
> >sync sound filmmaking.)
> >
> >Jeff "anyone remember the rectangular flywheel in TP66s?" Kreines
>
> I have a Kodak VP-1 and it might be the strangest collection of stuff I
> own.  I was also the second-highest bidder on the Rank Mark III on
> ebay a
> couple of weeks ago.  Like the mechanic at the garage said, I always
> wanted
> to work on one of those things.
>
> C.J. Scheppers

A list reader happened to mention the VP-1 on the phone today in reply
to my TK-29C post. (Thanks SH)

Wondering whether CJ still had his, and whether his worked or was still
working.

Thanks,

Ted.

participate in the tig wiki pages at http://tig.colorist.org/wiki