[Tig] Unsubscribe

Lucas Wilson lucas
Fri Dec 2 14:57:55 GMT 2005

--
Thanks to everyone for supporting the TIG through
the years.
--
Hey now...

A lot of people at manufacturers (me included) have worked for several years
"in the chair" and come to our jobs via a genuine love of the blend of
artistry and technology. Actually, for the past several years, I've switched
over a few times from being a full-time "in the chair" artist to working for
a manufacturer.

Isn't part of the point of industry forums to promote technical viewpoints
and potentially alert manufacturers to ideas and trends? I know I certainly
want our products to evolve based on a wide range of user input. I can point
to features in our software that are specific to almost every one of our
customers... and I'm pretty proud of that. But the only reason that happens
is because of honest debate across a wide range of topics, and from a wide
range of people.

No matter what rules you put, bullies will always be bullies. Posts about
manufacturers will always get back to the manufacturer. It's a damned shame
that some companies take that attitude. There's no place for it... but a
bully is a bully. And that happens on even the most tightly moderated
forums.

I've had tons of fascinating off-list discussions with artists from around
the world that started with conversations and threads on the TiG. I'd be sad
if that went away.

...just my $.02.

Lucas Wilson
Assimilate, Inc.