[Tig] GSN upgrade for Spirit 1

Craig Leffel craig
Tue Dec 6 01:46:03 GMT 2005

--
Thanks to everyone for supporting the TIG through
the years.
--
Hello gang.

I think I'm back to normal now, though contrary to Topazio's wonder if I
was impostering myself, it's really me. I was just having a momentary
flashback where I needed to excise all the demons out of my collective
"Closet". All's well now. I hope the manufacturer's were listening, and
I'm even convinced now after listening to a few of you that it really
actually might be a good thing if they participated more... more real
world, real discussions of their products. How they actually get used
and what would be an actual improvement. Yes, actually.

Anyway, I have a "real world" dilemma. I need to hear from some of you
that have upgraded your Spirit 1 ( original flavored Spirit, not
extra-crispy ) to GSN. What is the real speed difference? How fast are
you scanning at 2K 10 bit Log?  How fast at 1K?  What's the stability of
the connection like? Do you drive your scans from the Spirit's new-ish
panel or from a Color-corrector? We are considering a 4K, but also
looking at a mid term upgrade to GSN.... I've seen it all on paper, just
need a dose of reality.

Thanks much in advance friends... I will try and restore myself to
wise-cracking and poking fun at lame-o products sometime soon. Contact
me off list or on, whatever your pleasure....please?

Craig Leffel
Optimus
Chicago