[Tig] DSX 16mm gate focus

Espino, Manny manny
Fri Dec 9 02:55:02 GMT 2005

Hi Rob,

I'm not sure if it is an endemic problem.  But in our case, our telecine
started as a C-Reality and its 16mm focus was fine.  It was upgrade to a DSX
and the new gate design showed focus issues that could not be resolved by
simply closing the gate aperture to increase depth of field.  A few clients
complained which made life difficult for colourists.  A loaner gate was sent
& a few skidplate designs were tried to find a resolution without much
success.  We have not had any complaints from colourists or clients since
installing Brian Brown's skidplate.

A couple of years with focus issues was quite a problem for us since in our
part of the world, 16mm continues to be used by a substantial portion of the
market.

Best regards,
Manny Espino
Digital Pictures - Melbourne
(This email message (including any file attachments transmitted with it) is
for the sole use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and may
contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorised review,
use, alteration, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you have
received this email in error, please notify the sender by return email and
destroy all copies of the original message. Any confidentiality or legal
professional privilege is not waived or lost by any mistaken delivery of the
email. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message that do
not relate to the official business of the company shall be understood as
neither given nor endorsed by it.)