[Tig] Self calibration?

woz warrenl
Sat Dec 10 03:12:16 GMT 2005

Daily calisthenics consist of large quantities of caffiene and stress. Beer
only when time permits and not on company premises except when invited to
the party (yeah right!)
 I never had another colour-blindness test after the one I took when I
joined the comany (it was an Ishihara), although I will admit to getting
hold of the book sometime afterwards to try to figure ot how it worked! (Sad
but true).
Interesting point though, I wonder if the rods and cones wear with age and
subsequently affect colour vision. I have an optician friend I can ask, and
will post  the results here as soon as I get them.

Look what I just found online- If ayone wants to cheat here are the
answers....
http://colorvisiontesting.com/online%20test.htm
and
http://www.toledo-bend.com/colorblind/aboutCB.html

I hope your monitor phosphors and profile are truly compliant.
I seem to remember that the books were very expensive as the colourimetry
had to be tightly controlled.
Bob, I guess if you have the time and inclination you could figure out what
to do  to the images in photoshop to emulate the different forms of cb.

I once asked a colour-blind person to try to describe what he saw, it had
about the same effect as asking someone in a wheelchair what it was like to
be disabled. Let that be a lesson.

woz