[Tig] JPEG2000 Digital Cinema

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen
Wed Dec 14 19:11:59 GMT 2005

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005, Sam Holtz wrote:

> Maybe the news take too long to get to Dallas. Contact Panasonic, Phil

Yes, it takes more time for the information to flow up-hill. :-)

Are there any publicly-viewable product descriptions that we can
view on the web?  I have not seen anything.  All I have seen are
recent announcements (e.g. April, 2005 for Grass Valley) that
development of such products is under way.  I believe that it would be
wrong to assume that any vendor's product can simply be popped into an
existing post-production chain and work well without problems or that
the DCI specifications are fully addressed.

Bob