[Tig] Color enhancement tips and tricks

Rob Lingelbach rob
Mon Dec 19 09:57:43 GMT 2005

On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 16:31:14 +1100, Mark Harmon wrote
> I wonder if the cinematographer will want to be involved
> or if a it will create a totally new roll in post-production.
> A Post-lighting Technician maybe ?
>
> http://www.debevec.org/Ls5/

so just shoot everything flat, fully illuminated, and do all the nuances of the DP in
post.    what is the world coming to....   but then I still listen to LPs because CDs give me
headaches and I hear the sampling on quiet passages.   (aside: someday, go to a very
high-end audio store, get them to feed a good cd player into a tremendous preamp/amp/
speaker combination (preferably ribbon or electrostatic speakers) and A/B a vinyl from
at least a 24 bit recording (or analog) and a consumer CD.   It will blow your mind what
you're missing.

-Rob
Rob Lingelbach   http://www.colorist.org   rob at calarts.edu