[Tig] is it just me...?

Bruce W. Goldstein metfan14
Fri Feb 11 22:10:03 GMT 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: tig-bounces at tig.colorist.org [mailto:tig-bounces at tig.colorist.org] On
Behalf Of Skip Elsheimer
Sent: Friday, February 11, 2005 12:06 PM
To: tig at tig.colorist.org
Subject: [Tig] is it just me...?

<SNIP>

Whenever I go to big electronics chain show, I can't even go into the TV
section without wincing - all the TVs are too bright and over-saturated.
I have digital cable and the amount of dvnr I see is outrageous. I was
housesitting at friend's and I was compelled to adjust the color
temperature on their TV.

So my question is: Will this ever go away? Can a professional telecine
operator turnoff that part of their brain in real-life? Does it require
alcohol?

Try a black and white T.V. Otherwise, you're stuck with the "problem",
forever. I still groan in movie theaters, which earns me a jab in the ribs
by my wife.

Bruce W. Goldstein