[Tig] is it just me...?

Bruce W. Goldstein metfan14
Sun Feb 13 01:24:51 GMT 2005

Wrong attribution, Rob. The below statement is not mine.

Bruce

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Lingelbach [mailto:rob at nccom.com]
Sent: Saturday, February 12, 2005 3:50 PM
To: Bruce W. Goldstein
Cc: tig at tig.colorist.org
Subject: Re: [Tig] is it just me...?

On 2005-02-11 at 17:10, Bruce W. Goldstein (metfan14 at optonline.net) wrote:

> I have digital cable and the amount of dvnr I see is outrageous. I was
> housesitting at friend's and I was compelled to adjust the color
> temperature on their TV.

Bruce, we have talked about this from time to time and we can't really
be sure if what we're seeing are noise-reduction artifacts or
compression artifacts, or both.  These artifacts are also seeming to be
creeping into the feature cinema projection theatres where their origin
could be even harder to discover.   I'm currently using a
satellite-based digital system here in Europe that suffers embarrassingly
with respect to a direct playback of two-inch videotape.