[Tig] TIG Is it just me

Peter Swinson peter_swinson
Sun Feb 13 11:25:10 GMT 2005

An interesting thread.

I have just delivered a paper in the UK on the subject of "The Film Look,
what is it". For those of you who receive the BKSTS Image Technology
journal, it's published in two parts.

I propose in the paper that films slight unsteadiness and the random grain
are main contributors to the visual system both relaxing it and getting
extra information as compard to video sourced material.
Some agree that this is a visual version of analog records scratches and
hiss. The main word is Stochastic resonance! The brain uses it in all our
sense.

Hang on, I'm getting much to serious here.

cheers

Peter Swinson