[Tig] LCD monitor viewing conditions

Kyte, Glenn Glenn
Fri Feb 18 09:51:16 GMT 2005

I was recently asked to grade in an edit suite which only had a Sony
Luma LCD monitor and tungsten lighting.

I am interested to hear if other colourist's had have problems in such
circumstances.

I found I was unable to set the lighting bright enough to give good
blacks without it effecting my ability to see general colour variations.

The experience was a great reminder of how good a CRT's with D65
lighting setup is, and I found it interesting with all the debate there
currently is in TV, on the need to accommodate the fact that many
viewers are now using non CRT sets

Glenn Kyte

Telecine Colourist

The Finishing School

Tel 0113 222 8100

Mob 0773 428 1409

This email and any files transmitted are confidential and intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are
addressed. If you have received this email in error, please notify
postmaster at itv.com

Thank you.