[Tig] A new BRRE unit.

Rob Lingelbach rob
Mon Feb 21 00:30:35 GMT 2005

On 2005-02-20 at 18:39, Peter Swinson (peter_swinson at compuserve.com) wrote:

> The Unit is "The Barn" that's the effective cross sectional area of a
> atomic nucleus. (I'm not kidding, this is a  real scientific unit.)
>
> The author then nominally states
>
> "Assumig a  unit of  'A Hubble'  is 10 to power 9 light years. (Not to be
> confused with the Hubble Constant), The author calculates that
> the Hubble-Barn (volume) works out at just less than one of those new
> fangled litre thingies.

a really interesting point of physics is that of the three scales of size
in the universe-- subatomic, human, and cosmic-- the human is
mathematically exactly at the median between the other two scales.  We
also know that if we were visited by an ultra-universal or
subatomic-sized form of being, the first utterance would inevitably be
"take me to your litre."

Rob

Rob Lingelbach
http://www.colorist.org