[Tig] A new BRRE unit.

Bill Topazio BTopazio
Tue Feb 22 23:47:40 GMT 2005

In America, where we use English units (go figure), the unit is the Garage.  We can also introduce the term "Beer Hole".  A beer hole is the volume that remains once the beer is removed from the steady-state system, and is usually stable in this state as a solid matrix of 6, 12 or 24 such volumes.

My standard Garage currently has, to my estimation, 5.01 X10^2 beer holes.  This does not count the smaller unit "Laundry Room" (analogous to your "shed") which has approximately 10E-3 the volume of a Garage, and is currently approximately 25% filled with beer holes.

I can state with empirical accuracy that the threshold limit for Garage equilibrium, the point at which the volume of 1 Garage can neither accept nor lose beer holes, is 5.00 x10^2.  This is the point at which the lattice structure of the beer holes can actually, in layman's terms, "prevent the Garage door from opening".

If enough energy is imparted to the system, one can overcome the GBE threshold.  Once this is done, a negative energy gradient exists whereby virtually all of the beer holes give up their potential energy and descend to their lowest energy trough.  In this state it is actually possible to convert the latent beer hole energy to "energy tokens" by use of the following formula:

E = Qx[# of beer holes] - C,

where E is the total equivalent energy token, Q is the token conversion constant*, C is the energy token required for extraction and transport of the beer holes through the system.  *As it turns out, the conversion constant is NOT constant across the US, ranging in value of 0.0 to 0.10, with 0.05 being the value in NY, VT and many other states.