[Tig] (fwd) Silence Becomes You

Rob Lingelbach rob
Thu Feb 24 19:09:57 GMT 2005

----- Forwarded message from Steve Shaw <digital.praxis at virgin.net> -----

From: "Steve Shaw" <digital.praxis at virgin.net>
To: <rob at colorist.org>
Subject: Silence Becomes You
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 16:46:37 -0000

   Hi Rob,

   It's been a while since we last communicated. Glad to see the tig is
   back and looking well. It's taken me this long to get back to it due
   to a lot of work this year. And it's this work you might be interested
   in.

   We have just wrapped on the world's first 100% digital cinematography
   project shot 2.37 Viper Filmstream! I'm the digital film consultant
   for the entire project - production and post-production, including
   digital cinematography, vfx supervision, DI, etc.

   Post starts this week in the UK.

   I have posted info on the project via the CML, as it's obviously of
   interest to them, but as the workflow includes a lot of DI grading it
   may be of interest to tig readers too.

   There is a load of info on the film, the business model and workflow,
   on the Digital Praxis website ([1]www.digitalpraxis.net) including
   images.

   Feel free to post this message if you want, after checking the website
   info first to see if it is of interest.

   While film is not dead, this does show one example of the possible
   future for colour correction - without film as the source.

   All the best,
   Steve
   Steve Shaw
   Digital Praxis Ltd