[Tig] size of lab roll

Dominic Case cased
Sun Feb 27 22:57:08 GMT 2005

>waiting to hear from Kodak if there is consideration of this
>when they certify a lab to their specifications.
>Is ACVL international, or just the US?

ACVL is still largely US but increasingly international - we (Atlab
Australia) are members for example. Our own practice in making up rolls for
telecine is according to the telecine house's requirements: typically we
will go to 1600 ft lengths, no more.

Kodak's Image Care specifications ar not as prescriptive as you might be
suggesting (except in the matter of chemistry). But if an Image Care
certified lab has a procedure that rolls are to be made up to no more than -
say - 1200 ft - then the accreditation requires that the lab follows its own
rules reliably, and can demonstrate that it does so. We go through a very
thorough twice-yearly inspection to maintain this accreditation from Kodak.

Image Care is a world-wide program, but seems to be strongest in Australia &
New Zealand, with a number of other labs across Asia and Europe: it's not
yet established in the US.

Dominic Case
Atlab Australia

This email message [including any file attachments transmitted with it ] is for the sole use of the individual  or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential or priveledged information.
Any unauthorised review,use,alteration,disclosure or distribution is prohibited.
If you have received this email in error please notify the sender by return email and destroy all copies of the original message.
 Any confidentiality or legal professional privilege is not waived or lost by any mistaken delivery of the email.

Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message that do not relate to the official business of the company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.